Pages

Wednesday 3 September 2014

Presents

A big pile of presents was stacked carelessly at the bottom of the Christmas tree, after the Christmas party.  I stumbled to the pile, and picked up the most unusual present that had my name tag on it.  The present is a perfect circle, with a stand at one side.  I wondered what it was.  I shook the round present in my hand, but it made no noise except a ‘DING’ sound probably created by the stand.

The wrapping was made out of diagonal stripes with the color of Christmas.  I ripped the paper open, and inside was a globe, with the theme of Christmas.  No wonder it made no noise.  A Christmas tree, a reindeer and a bunch of pine trees sat neatly in the globe.  Small flakes flew around the black sky inside the globe.  The stand was colored red, tied with some bells.  So that was what made the tingling sound earlier.  BANG!  Someone threw the door open.  “What are you doing here?” She asked.  “We’re not suppose to open the presents until tomorrow! Leave that there, and go clean up the lounge.”  I left the globe where I found it, and followed her to the lounge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.