Pages

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Onomatopoeia Writing



Tssssssss. I heard the sound from my room, three metres away.  I rushed to the kitchen.  It’s eight in the morning, and I'm preparing for school.  There was smoke everywhere, and more, coming from the microwave.  It’s still going.  I quickly cancelled it, and opened the microwave door.  More smoke came out, this time more darker.  It was then I recalled I was heating up garlic bread, and there it was, inside the microwave, was a piece of coal-black piece of bread on a badly burnt plate.

I quickly took the garlic bread and plate out, and stuffed the bread into the rubbish bin.  The plate was burnt in places, and there are even huge pimple-like bubbles on the surface.  I left it on the counter, not knowing what to do with it.  The smoke is clearing out, but there are still a lot of it in the room.  Luckily it isn’t going to the living room.  Then my mum came into the room.

First, she asked me what happened.  I told her how I pressed the 10 minutes button instead of the 10 seconds button.  She was very angry with me, but at least the microwave isn't broken.  She open the air vent, and threw the plate into the rubbish bin.  My mum said that she’ll deal with me when I got home from school, since it was nearly 8:15.  I suddenly remembered that there’s school today.  I left the cleaning up to my mum, and went to school.

Compared to other times, she wasn't as angry when I came home.  I did some dishes and laundry, then it was all OK.  The loss was a plate and some bread.  But when you open the microwave, it still smelt of burnt wood.

We learnt to start a recount with an onomatopoeia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.